maximize best case, worst case, or average case? (TCPA

Anonymous nobody at remailer.privacy.at
Tue Jul 2 11:41:05 PDT 2002

Robert Hettinga writes:
> If it's encrypted, and it's on my hard drive, than it's my property. I own
> it, not someone else. That's a private good. I can turn around, and sell it
> to you. You can encrypt it, and put it on your hard drive, and you can sell
> it. It's *your* property.

This has nothing to do with the definition of public versus private goods,
which was quoted in the message to which you replied.  Public goods are
non-rival and non-excludable, terms which were defined there.  Do you
understand what these words mean?  Can you use them in a sentence that
begins, "Digitally signed information is not a public good because..."?

> In the meantime, read my .sig, below, and take it to heart.
> "Externalities are the last refuge of the derigistes." -- Friedrich Hayek

Right, I'll do that as soon as you learn to spell dirigistes.  There's
nothing like using French incorrectly to show someone up as a pretentious
jackass.