FREE JIM BELL GROUP INVITATION.

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Sat Jan 12 13:27:05 PST 2002

Cypherpunks special projects seeks all interested in investigating all
avenues for the freedom of comrade Bell.

"You could create a lottery. A lottery whose payoff was a reward to the
person who came closest to predicting the time of death of a given
government official."
"They knew I wasn't planning to kill federal agents", Bell said this month.
"They were scared because I had written something that shows a way to
eliminate government. They were afraid I could convince the public that I
could replace existing government for no more than a 10th or 20th of its
current cost."
"Imagine for a moment that, as ordinary citizens were watching the evening
news, they see an act by a government employee or officeholder that they
feel violates their rights, abuses the public's trust or misuses the powers
that they feel should be limited. What if they could go to their computers,
type in the miscreant's name, and select a dollar amount. If 0.1 percent of
the population, or one person in a thousand, was willing to pay $1 to see
some government slimeball dead, that would be in effect, a $250,000 bounty
on his head."
I think that one last (temporary) hope for government is to delay AP.
Chances are good that the "think tank" decided that the best way to delay
AP is to discredit me, its author. It was a desperate gamble, particularly
because the act of harassing me automatically gives AP more publicity.
That's the reason they will fail; the more they try to "get" me, the worse
it will be for them." He wants it noted that his writing and discussions of
AP ideas are in the sense of a "prediction", a "warning", or even a
"vision", not an advocacy of it.