Ariel Sharon's Alleged Faux Pas

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Sat Jan 12 14:43:22 PST 2002

James A. Donald writes:

> For example lots people on usenet have posted all sorts of
> things about me, that I am a nazi, was a Stalinist, and so on
> and so forth, and for the most part I usually do not deny it.
> If I do not deny such stuff, and for the most part I do not,
> why would you expect Sharon to deny such stuff?

The Internet is a big bathroom wall and everyone has a crayon.  I learned
long ago that trying to apply meatspace standards for libel and slander to
the Internet was a futile exercise.

> Thus it is far more likely that those words were invented by
> an antisemitic bigot, and attributed to Sharon to give them
> added plausibility, than that those words, or anything
> resembling them, were spoken by Sharon.

I still think it's more likely than not that Sharon made the comments, but
I learned long ago that seeking absolute truth in anything other than
discrete mathematics was also a futile exercise.

> Semitic bigots do not believe that Jews control America.
> Rather they believe that America and Americans are part of
> the antisemitic encirclement of Israel, and that Americans
> cackle with glee every time terrorists knock off a few Jews,
> and that American schools teach that the Jews murdered
> christ.

Some do.  Some don't.  Oddly enough, the "We control America" slogan seems
to be gaining popularity in Israel.  There are now reports in the
Palestinian press of workers with American peace organizations,
investigating the treatment of the Palestinians, being taunted by IDF
soldiers shouting "We control America."

Either a clever propaganda campaign to sour relations between the US and
their Zionist client state, or Israeli cajones that need to be beaten back
down to normal size.

Perhaps Sharon could seize the moment, and print up "We Control America"
bumper stickers for his re-election campaign.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+