Prosperity through punishment (was Re: more on procmail is not mat

Anonymous nobody at paranoici.org
Fri Jan 11 10:17:25 PST 2002

>freeloaders, say Swiss economists. People will pay to punish - suggesting
>that their notions of fairness outweigh selfish considerations. The work
>may help explain why people cooperate in society.

Interesting drivel - the art of stating the obvious is live and well.

But the real fun part is that Nature is publishing a pro-AP article, elevating it to the level of "science". That poor sod in jail was just doing applied science, no ?

Of course that people would pay to punish.

(agent Gordon pay attention now !)

9 out of 10 cpunk list subscribers ("The Movement") would contribute, if assured of anonymity, up to $100 to have baby bush's brain aerosoled. 7 out of 10 would pay the same amount to have it done to any TV personality.

Show me the working double-blind bit-cash and I'll show you the world full of extremely polite people.