AU Anti-biker Laws

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Thu Jan 10 10:19:46 PST 2002

The thing that caught my eye in the article submitted by spewing nemesis
mattd was that in addition to guilt by association, they are using
anti-fortification laws to crack down on bikers.

I vaguely remember a door-strengthening prohibition somewhere in Europe
being mentioned here in the past.

Searching for 'fortification law' turns up interesting things. In the US
the hits are  nutritional, wine, historical and military science items.

This gem is from Canada :

http://www.ville.montreal.qc.ca/greffe/reglemen/anglais/reglpdf/E-1_1.pdf

I especially like the prohibition against observation towers.

Apparently that state has determined that its people will live in
perforable shacks in order to keep them physically vulnerable should the
need for the state to whack them arise.

This is a concept that will probably catch on here in the US. What good
is a stealth warrant if you can't get in without a cutting torch or
dynamic entry if it bounces off and just makes noise? Every
well-choreographed play requires a carefully planned setting.

Mike