How to defeat spyware

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Jan 7 16:46:02 PST 2002

On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 04:11 PM, Steve Schear wrote:

> How to defeat spyware
> There's no way of knowing how many people are using them, but it must
> be a bunch. Companies use them, the government uses them, and
> suspicious spouses use them. I'm talking about keystroke loggers--both
> software and hardware.
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/comment/0,5859,2836055,00.html

Setting a trap gun to blow away anyone who inserts a floppy (or hooks up
a cable) to a machine he has not been given access to is morally
permissable.

As the Mafia case shows, Big Brother and his courts no longer even think
a warrant is needed.

What a country.

--Tim May
"They played all kinds of games, kept the House in session all night,
and it was a very complicated bill. Maybe a handful of staffers actually
read it, but the bill definitely was not available to members before the
vote." --Rep. Ron Paul, TX, on how few Congresscritters saw the
USA-PATRIOT Bill before voting overwhelmingly to impose a police state