Detweiler, Vulis, Toto, John Young, and mattd

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 03:54:54 PST 2002

>Any more of this kind of shit writing belabors the obvious
>point that serious writing, along with serious thinking, is
>ridiculous, a conceit of mind and tongue unable to bear
>frightful freedom, afraid of its own yearning for disorderly
>structure as though there is something wrong with singing
>your heart out, and laughing at your tone deafness.

This can be shifted to the information theory terrain.

It's not _just_ about using the straight and prescribed language and
constructs. It is about predictability in general. Most posters that I filter
out are predictable to the point where I can, with decent accuracy, guess what
they will say on any given subject. They can be described (scripted) as finite
automata. And they have enormous integrity that they are proud of.

Bricks also have integrity, but I always failed to find them entertaining -
except maybe when they disintegrate on high impact. Then you get to see many
irregular and unpredictable pieces.

Some aspiring student of AI may find it an interesting exercise to customize
alicebot to emulate some of the most integral cpunk posters (think timbots,
mattbots, etc.) Frankly, I think that it's already been done. Sometimes I think
that there are already alicebot implants.

So it's all about entropy. Low entropy dwellers perceive high entropy ("high on
entropy" ?) runners as danger that needs cooling. Or should I say kooling ?

Why is that stupid ?

Because we will all end up as cold iron, and it doesn't matter who gets there
first. The last one wins.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/