Spooky noises

Anonymous User anonymous at remailer.havenco.com
Sun Jan 6 18:12:45 PST 2002

At 02:07 PM 1/6/02 -0800, Petro wrote:

>	Second, what makes you aware that there is someone in your home?
>Usually it's noises they are making (I would assume). Have you ever
>listened to your house at night? Every place I've lived there are all
>sorts of mechanical noises off and on all night long.

Which your nervous system has learned.  Other sounds it hasn't.

The subtle click of the cocker engaging will (a) be
>lost in the other noises and (b) is innocuous enough that they probably
>won't.

Yes, since the invaders have not learned what's 'normal'.

If it was something I worried about (I don't keep a loaded
>firearm in the house for home protection at this point, I'm not high
>enough profile for the Feebs or the BATF to want to raid my "compound",
>nor am I a sufficient irritant to the local Gestapo, and my neighborhood
>is relative free of home burglary/home invasion type crimes that I feel
>it is better to keep the guns in a locker than on my bedside table)

Me too, similar circumstance, with a kid in the house too, though I'm a
little ashamed  to admit it -its like decrying those who don't get vaccines
and then not getting one yourself.  But (using the analogy again) maybe
the frail shouldn't get vaccinated because of danger to selves.
(Assuming rational frail.)
I'm thinking about a high-up clock-safe though. Or a more expensive
(less reliable) finger-safe by the door.

All you P7 heads are too elite for me, but to each their own.
I've collected from NAA .22 to a wide (12 round) Makharov to H & K.
No .45's; so sue me :-)

Ballistopunk