Another Movie of Some Cpunk Interest

Blanc blancw at cnw.com
Sat Jan 5 23:05:00 PST 2002

I was just reading through the John Locke Foundation web site,
http://www.johnlocke.org/ (and I'm suitably impressed with what I've read
there, their approach to things is quite respectable), that Orson Scott
Card's sci-fi novel "Ender's Game" is being made into a movie (no info on
when it might be out).

[I liked the story alright, except for the disappointing end:  apparently
all that superior intelligence and strategy and toil & trouble was all on
account of . . . big bugs.  Not a very seriously realistic reason or
challenge, in my mind, to warrant all the mystery of the effort.
Oh, well.  Maybe the special effects will be entertaining, and with a bag of
popcorn for additional enjoyment it will be worth the matinee price. :) ]

  ..
Blanc