Deconstructing Dan Klein.

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Thu Jan 3 01:16:33 PST 2002

 >>Dan Klein has written a nice book titled "Reputation" which I frequently
recommend. Looks at some of these examples in detail from a self-
regulatory, free-market perspective. -Declan

Daniel Klein is an Associate Professor of Economics. He received his Ph.D.
(1990) from New York University. He taught at the University of California,<

More self-regulatory and free market states being unavailable?

 > Irvine, before joining Santa Clara's faculty in 1996. He teaches courses
in the principles of economics, public policy issues, and game theory. His
research interests lie in public policy issues (especially road transportation)

I wonder if he's done any study of the buying up of LA's tramcar net and
its destruction by autoimmobile industry?

 >> American economic history<<

Should know of differing US currencies in the past,possible BUMs/e-cash future.

 >> game theory, and the intersection of economics with moral and political
philosophy.<<

Something Tim and declan seem woefully ignorant of.

Professor Klein is the coauthor of Curb Rights: A Foundation for Free
Enterprise in Urban Transit,<

Yes,but what does he think of jim bells plans for car thieves?

  >>editor of Reputation: Studies in the Voluntary Elicitation of Good
Conduct,<<

I hope he considers the APster plan 9 for negative reputations,soon,real soon.

  >>and editor of What Do Economists Contribute?<<

The few that are using physics modeling contribute something.At 1st glance
Klein looks like a smarter D.Friedman,thats not saying much,I know,but I'm
on permanent vacation.