Faustine's paranoia index

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Jan 3 15:11:22 PST 2002

On Thursday, January 3, 2002, at 02:38 PM, faustine. at hushmail.com wrote:
>>> Have you discussed this with your psychiatrist/handlers?
>
> Not on your life, baby. But given that I know the L, F, Pd and Pa
> scales of the
> Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory like the back of my hand,
> it's
> something of a moot point. A little recommended reading you might find
> relevant: Cleckley, Hervey (1903-1984): The Mask of Sanity, Fifth
> Edition, 1988.

Anybody who bothers with this kind of stuff needs to see a psychiatrist.

(My university encouraged all students to take the MMPI. I saw the
"recommended careers" it listed for me and decided it was as I
suspected, from the types of questions, just plain voodoo bullshit. That
was the last such test I took, more than 30 years ago.)

--Tim May
into you." -- Nietzsche