Choices of small handguns

Petro petro at bounty.org
Wed Jan 2 01:16:25 PST 2002

On Monday, December 31, 2001, at 12:01 AM, Black Unicorn wrote:
> Ancient German P7 secret:
>
> You can decock the pistol silently by disengaging the squeeze cock
> mechanism
> under the trigger guard and flush with the depressed squeeze-cocker
> with the
> thumb on your free hand and slowly releasing pressure on the cocker.
> It's
> pretty easy to engage the cocker silently as well, but why bother?  I

	Could you elaborate on this please? I'm trying it right now, and
I'm not understand how to make it any quieter than just letting go.

	As to the initial squeeze, it's actually so quiet as to be
unnoticeable beyond arms length.

> consider it like a set trigger.  It only gets cocked when the target is
> acquired, identified and in the sights anyhow.  If you really need that

	I disagree, it gets cocked when it gets picked up. The finger
doesn't get to the trigger until the sites are lined up.

> They are one of the few well manufactured pistols that have properly
> balanced tolerances with a fixed barrel and still aren't subject to a
> lot of

	One more point about the barrel--it sits a lot lower in the frame
than most pistols, modifying the recoil to more of a push than a
flip--this leads to a quicker followup shots.

> jamming or ammo pickiness.  It loves being dirty and will shoot on and
> on
> regardless of what its been through.  (Fluted chamber helps here).
> Combined
> with good ammo, like say Golden Saber, the gun, if not the user, will
> outshoot about anything that isn't designed specifically for competition
> (i.e. impractical for real use).

	However, do not get oil in the gas-tube. This will lead to problems.

> More importantly it is simply the fastest, most accurate handgun from
> draw
> to target to fire that I've ever used.  Best concealed carry around, in
> my
> view.

	While I won't disagree, I will note that if you live in a cold
climate, and use a very close to the body carry (IWB etc) the steel
against your skin can get a little cold, while some of the polymer
pistols won't have this problem (any metal bodied pistol will).

> Like I said, I don't bother with anything else anymore.

	Hell, they're all fun to shoot.

--
"Those without creative minds and agile fingers are of course
welcome to hurry up with my fries. And they'll probably use