Choices of small handguns

Petro petro at bounty.org
Wed Jan 2 00:57:43 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 02:53 PM, Tim May wrote:
> * H&K P7, the famous "squeeze-cocker." I had wanted one of these since
> reading about them in 1980, so when H&K was selling a bunch of reworked
> and remarket P7s at a good price ($550 or so), I bought one. Very
> elegant, very unusual. Mine is in 9mm. Very safe, but takes a bit of
> getting used to.

	It also takes some thinking about to transition out of.

	The squeeze cocker also acts as the slide release release, so you
get real used to just squeezing and going.

> The Glock 26 would probably be a good choice for a woman, due to the
> smaller hands most women have. 9mm is more than adequate, especially
> when loaded with something like Hydra-Shok or Golden Saber or the like.

	My wife, who has small hands, has a CZ75, which is a wonderful
mid-sized pistol. They are well made, reliable, and fairly inexpensive.

> I like my Kahr, followed by my H&K P7, followed by my SIGs.

	I didn't much care for the Kahr I fired, the trigger was really
stiff, and the recoil was a lot sharper. Of course, this was on one of
their smaller products.

--
"Those without creative minds and agile fingers are of course
welcome to hurry up with my fries. And they'll probably use