Extradition, Snatching, and the Danger of Traveling to Other Countries

Peter Fairbrother zenadsl6186 at zen.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 22:43:53 PST 2002

Anonymous wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:47:25 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>>
>> America used to disdain the secret trials, the Star Chamber proceedings so
>> endemic in other parts of the world. Now we have them.
>>
>> We will reap what we sow.
>>
>> --Tim May
>
> Spot on. But what, if anything, do you think can be done to
> reverse this slide to Red White and Blue Stalinism with good PR?
> I trust you are not one of those who will prattle something like
> "exercise your right to vote", or "write your
> congressperson/MP", etc. In practical terms, in a surveillance
> society, what can the regular person do to strike a blow in
> opposition to the direct attack on the Constitution and civil
> liberties and civil rights?
>
> Do we need a program to oppose the progrom?

Dear America,

Yes, It's hard, but here's how. First, you can make comms unreadable. There
are well-known ways to do this. Second, you can make comms untraceable. Ways
to do this exist, and better ones are being developed*. Third, you can make
comms available to everyone - the 'net might help here.

If you don't choose to use these methods, the consequences are up to you.
But secure comms alone will only provide you with useful information, by
themselves they aren't enough; you need to vote. Lots of you.

Nothing else really matters. To "them", and you.

--
Peter Fairbrother