Current status of CFS for linux?

Igor Chudov ichudov at Algebra.COM
Wed Dec 11 08:27:56 PST 2002

If you do not know what is CFS, do not bother...

For years, I have been and still am a happy user of CFS.

I have not paid any attention to its development. I am now concerned though
whether it has become obsolete. I am creating nightly backups and backup the
encrypted CFS tree. What I am concerned is, if my computer crashes, perhaps
I will have difficulty restoring CFS data on other computers.

I noticed that there is something called TCFS, which is derived from
CFS. Is it binary compatible? That is, let's say my home computer dies
and I have the backup CDRW. Can I take the encrypted tree to some computer
running _TCFS_ and decode the tree?

igor