Money is about expected future value....nothing more, nothing less

Marcel Popescu mdpopescu at subdimension.com
Mon Dec 9 03:23:44 PST 2002

From: "Tim May" <tcmay at got.net>

> Mark cited the Bank of England, not U.S. law. I don't know what British
> law is in this regard.

It does appear that the law in England is not as "demanding" as I believed:

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/legaltender.htm

<<The concept of legal tender is often misunderstood. Contrary to popular
opinion, legal tender is not a means of payment that must be accepted by the
parties to a transaction, but rather a legally defined means of payment that
should not be refused by a creditor in satisfaction of a debt.>>

Mark