Akamai

Greg Pelcak pelcak at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 09:42:18 PST 2002

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 08:52 AM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>    Anyone know anything about Akamai (www.akamai.com, also
> akamaitechnologies.com)?

Most of the experience I have with Akamai is with them hosting
high-traffic websites with geographically distributed servers.  I
thought they had mostly gone bust, but it's possible they're still
doing it.   A lot of websites a couple years ago talked about being
"akamaized", meaning that they had their site hosted by akamai to allow
for good server response time all around the country.