Photographer Arrested For Taking Pictures Of Vice President'S Hotel

Mark Renouf mark at tweakt.net
Sun Dec 8 12:07:28 PST 2002

jet wrote:
> At 20:48 -0500 2002/12/07, Myers W. Carpenter wrote:
>
>>http://www.2600.com/news/display/display.shtml?id=1441
>>
>>PHOTOGRAPHER ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF VICE PRESIDENT'S HOTEL
>>Posted 5 Dec 2002 06:03:48 UTC

One major issue is these days, the laws have become so
incredibly complicated that the average citizen isn't confident
in their knowledge of the law, let alone most that enforce it.

They know that the average citizen is going to want to 'do the right
thing' and comply with any requests, whether or not any laws were
broken.

And let's face it, even if you or I know our rights to the letter
it doesn't make a bit of difference until after the fact in a
courtoom. Police generally won't sit and debate with you about
it on the spot.