How to Stop Telemarketers...

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 6 10:11:13 PST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Tyler Durden wrote:

> But I have utilized a stopgap strategy for a number of years now that has
> worked pretty good:
>
> 1) If I hear silence for more than a moment or two I hang up the phone.

Yeah, I've done that for a while now.  But here in wisconsin (USA)
we have a new law that goes into effect on Jan 1: The state maintains
an official "no call" list.  If your name is on the list and telemarketers
call, the state can take them to court.  I don't know how effective it'll
be,  but I think losing money in court would be enough of an incentive to
pay attention to the list.

If enough  states do it the telemarketers may decide it's worth fighting
in court.  Life gets interesting at that point...

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike