The Liberty Dollar

Ben Laurie ben at algroup.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 07:18:23 PDT 2002

Gecko/20020815

Ben Laurie wrote:

>At 03:18 PM 8/30/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>>Steve Schear wrote:

>>>True but only fractionally (i.e., the precious metal content is only a
>>>fraction of the face value).
>>
>>And this is different from the US dollar how?

   The Liberty Dollar is (at least) partially precious metal backed and is
not fiat money.  In fact, it may be considered fully backed!
If you accept the standard deal offered by NORFED then the $US-Libery Dollar
exchange does not go well for you :-) Negotiate!
Actually, since the silver redeemability is fixed, then I think that we must
consider the Liberty FULLY backed and not fiat.  It merely
appears only partially backed since the initial $ exchange offering could be
better :-) -And I bet we can get better terms.

   Also, it is NOT DEBT ISSUED! (DOOM ISSUED!)
It does not enrich a ruling elite. In fact, it subverts their trechery.  It
is also a choice. It is not forced on us by legal tender laws.

Ben Laurie wrote:
>no difference except I think I know the risks involved with the current
>crime syndicate ;-)

>steve

See my above text.