RIAA: Feeling Burn of Ripped CDs

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Aug 28 07:47:47 PDT 2002

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,54773,00.html

claims:

"Shipments of CDs dropped 7 percent in the first six months of this year,
a fact attributed to an increase in music downloads through file-trading
services, according to a report issued Monday by the Recording Industry
Association of America (RIAA). "

Hmmm, that's interesting, gee, we were having a really great economy the
first six months of this year.  What, with the aftermath of the terrorist
attacks, and the bursting of the dot com bubble, the fall of so many
telecoms, and all the thousands upon thousands of layoffs..

I really can't see why people wouldn't be buying CD's in droves with all
their disposable income...  Gee, it must be the mp3 pirates, yeah, that's
the ticket... yeah, it's that napster thing that did it... yeah, that's
why the buttstreet boys and the other cocksucking boy and girl bands have
had little cd sales, it's not because their music is overpromoted shit
that's far less useful than the billions of giveaway AOL coaster cd's, who
get less than a penny per sold album anyway and have such great incentive
to put-out (tee hee) more of the same...

No! It's because they're so popular that every gnutella poppin' teenage
fiend who gets thousands of dollars a day in allowance decided to priate
their precious unique, creative, and wonderful songs which never sound
anything like, and deprive the poor RIAA executives!

Oh, poor RIAA, their executives won't be able to support their cocaine
habbits anymore, waaa, they'll have to go back to smoking ganja again,
Oh, poor, poor bastards, no more personal jets and hookers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
personal massage therapists.  Oh, the poor starving RIAA executives!

My heart just bleeds for their plight!  We must act now to stop the
pirates.  I know, I know, I'll call my congressman right now, and get all
my friends to do the same!  We must end this carnage right now!

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :their failures, we  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------