onsite service on Sealand

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Aug 27 16:27:18 PDT 2002

    --
On 27 Aug 2002 at 13:36, Ryan Lackey wrote:
> If a customer hypothetically calls and wants a complete
> security analysis done on a  server, and doesn't follow the
> "replace the drives in the working system with new ones, do a
> restore from snapshot or reinstall, and do anaysis later"
> option, we're not responsible for any delays.

A little while ago, it seemed that cypherpunks was dead.  There
was nothing on it except for spam from Nigeria, commies, and
lunatics.

Now I am reading email from various people who appear to be
making their living using cryptography in ways that undermine
the state, and who deal with the various practical real world
problems involved in such a living.

I find these troubles very encouraging.  The fact that people
encounter such predictable troubles shows they are really doing
what they talk about, and when they encounter these problems,
they seem to proceed with competent and effectual solutions.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     HcJC+F+nHfocXB5cx8e5xihyUc8zIRgYkHIA9rSH
     2z7Vmfw8yreIdTJ88bYCphFaZUo4LPvcMHFy7EKYb