Chaum's unpatented ecash scheme

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Mon Aug 26 19:39:15 PDT 2002

[...]
>> Speaking of anonymous, you should give credit in your paper to Anonymous
>> for discovering the possibility of marking Lucre coins, in a coderpunks
>> posting at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/coderpunks@toad.com/msg02186.html, and for
>> inventing the Type II Defence, both in the posting above and amplifed
>> at http://www.mail-archive.com/coderpunks@toad.com/msg02323.html.
>>
>> It may seem pointless to credit anonymous postings, but it makes the
>> historical record more clear.
>
> Anonymous _is_ creditted, but I can add the specific URLs.
[...]

	I've got a paper ready to publish that uses this technique for digital
credentials.  It'll be nice to have it at least referenced in the literature,
since Ben's paper is the only place I know of where it's really explained.  I
give a URL for it as well as credit to Anonymous, but it would be helpful to
know who really should be credited with what.

	I'm listing it as Laurie's method since he wrote the Lucre paper, but
I haven't been able to tell how much David Wagner had to do with the idea.
Ben?  David? The URLs to the Anon messages are handy; I'll see about including
them too.

						-J