U.S. Military Uses the Force

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 22 08:11:11 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 keyser-soze at hushmail.com wrote:

> [[I wonder if a similar techique can be used against bullets for personal armor or home defense.]

It also says:
"Electric armor only weighs a ton or two,"

Not exactly something you can use for bullets :-)

It sounds like it's just an MHD instability.  The shaped charge of the RPG
is a copper jet - so the high current pulse breaks it up.  Fire 3 in a row
and there's not much current left - depends on how they generate the
current between the plates.  So you might be able to spread out a bullet
and reduce the impact on a kevlar shield.  As it is now, the kevlar works
amazingly well and is pretty light.  And not very expensive either :-)

Fun physics in any case.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike