Kashmir / Terrorism Conference on Saturday, Aug 17 in Union City

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Aug 15 12:57:46 PDT 2002

Dear Friend:
You are invited to attend a very interesting Conference on coming Saturday in
Union City. A great opportunity to hear great speakers and learn more about
Kashmir. At the same time, you will meet and hear FBI and Local Police about
their local efforts.
The event is free.
- Jeevan Zutshi

Indo-American Kashmir Forum

Presents

A Conference on Global Terrorism and Kashmir in its international Context

Organized by: Indo-American Community Federation (I A C F)

Saturday, August 17

12:15- 4:30 P.M

James Logan High School Cafeteria (Hwy 880, take Decoto exit toward East,
Left on Alvarado Niles Blvd., Second Right on H Street, Cafeteria is on your
Right after Pavillion)

PROGRAM

12.15- 12:45        Registration

12:45 -1:00        Welcome and Outlining Theme of the
                        Conference By Jeevan Zutshi, Director of the
Conference

Moderator:         Dr. Subroto Kundu, Past President, AAPIO

1.00 - 2.00            PANEL I

Congressman Pete Stark, Keynote Speaker

"Terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir -    Its International Context,"
                                                 Professor D.R.SarDesai, UCLA

          "Indian Army and Human Rights in the context of counter terrorism
and    counter insurgency," Prof. M. M. Zaki, Ex. Brigadier, Indian Army
          San Francisco State University, CA

"Kashmir - A Multi-Ethnic State; Kashmiri Point of View,"
Jeevan Zutshi, Founding Member and National Director,
Indo-American Kashmir Forum

2:00 - 3:30 PANEL II
"Terrorism Policies of America, India
          and Pakistan", Prof. Sanjoy Banerjee,
          San Francisco State University

"Terrorism and the Media", Lt. Col. K.K.Puri, Ph.D. from Delhi, India

"Resolution of Kashmir imbroglio", Major General Moti Dar from Kashmir, India

Question and Answer session moderated by Dr. Subhash Garg, I A C F

3:30 - 4:30   PANEL III

Special Panel discussion on Terrorism and Local efforts:
Randy Cook, F B I Supervisory Special Agent on International Terrorism; Craig
Steckler, Police Chief, City of Fremont.