status of various projects?

Myers W. Carpenter myers at maski.org
Wed Aug 14 21:55:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 10:58, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> It seems like a lot of interesting projects haven't been active for a
> while - notably Free Haven and Eternity Usenet.  Where is the most active
> work, these days,  on distributed publishing systems?

Try Mnet (http://mnet.sf.net/).  It's the continuation of the Mojo
Nation code base.  We are close to a "stable" release (0.5.1), but there
are a lot of known bugs that we are leaving in the system (because we
are rewriting the code that the bugs are found in).

Our main goal for the next release is to make it easier for new coders
to understand what's going on under the hood.  That and replacing the
single point of failure metatracker system with a distributed hash
table.

The old mojo token based system is no longer in use, but we hope to
replace it with an OpenDBS based system, or a stamp based system.

myers