[CI] Re: Turing thesis(Incompleteness theorom)

gfgs pedo jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 08:13:54 PDT 2002

hi,

thank you Mr. Jim,one more query, regarding Godel's
incompleteness theorom.

with reference to
http://www.miskatonic.org/godel.html

"
Gödel asks for the program and the circuit design of
the UTM. The program may be complicated, but it can
only be finitely long. Call the program P(UTM) for
Program of the Universal Truth Machine. "

we know that there are unprovable and provable
statements and there is no way to distinguish all
solvabe problems from unsolvable ones as you said
below.

> > Also have can we distinguish between provable and
> unprovable statements.
>
> That is an unsolvable problem if you are looking for
> a general approach to
> -any- statement, that -is- Godel's.

In godel's  theorom,above mentioned,it says circuit
design and programme must be finitely long.

Is that necessary?we can't say for sure,right?Isn't it
an unprovable statement which is made or more likely
an assumption.

if we say other wise,why has the programme to be
finite?
Thank you very much.

Regards  Data.