Challenge to David Wagner on TCPA

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Aug 10 14:04:27 PDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Russell Nelson wrote:

> I agree that it's irrelevant.  So why is he trying to argue from
> authority (always a fallacy anyway) without *even* having any way to
> prove that he is that authority?

What has 'authority' got to do with it? Arguments from authority are
-worthless-. Make up your own mind as to its validity, who cares about
their 'proof'.

-Who- is irrelevant. What damns his argument -is- his appeal to
-authority-. Anyone who bases their argument on 'He said...' has already
lost the discussion and invalidated any point they might make. It's one of
the primary fallacies of (for example) Tim May and his consistent appeal
to who he knows or what 'they' said.

We agree, what I don't understand is why you keep expecting that dead
horse to get up...keep asking those damning questions!!!! ;)

                  Conform and be dull......J. Frank Dobie

     ravage at ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate at open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org