Palladiated? (was re: wow - palladiated! (Re: Palladium: technical limits and implications))

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Wed Aug 7 18:48:19 PDT 2002

[Trimmed Cc a bit, I'll let Bob decide where it goes beyond this].

Now that Bob coined the neologism "palladiated" (blame Bob -- my
"palladiumized" was not in jest, just used in the middle of a tech
discussion) it has to be done, so I asked the universal oracle
(google.com) about palladium and half-life, and lo the Pd-103 isotope
has a 17-day half-life, and Pd-109 of 13.5 hours and are classified as
having moderate radiotoxicity.  Unfortunately for Bob's neologism not
quite up there with fission grade isotopes like like Plutonium which
rate as very high toxicity, but still you wouldn't want to ingest to
much of the stuff...

Pd isotopes are obtained by bombarding Gold with neutrons apparently.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Shop/Radiation/Radiotoxicity.appendix.html

Anyway, now back to the intersting tech discussion on the balance of
of owner vs third party control in the MS Palladium and TCPA
platforms...

Adam