ANNOUNCE SF Cypherpunks, Sat Aug 10, Berkeley, Jupiter Brewery

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Aug 7 14:33:34 PDT 2002

August 2002 Physical Meeting Announcement

General Info:

DATE:   Saturday 10 August 2002
TIME:   1:00 - 6:00 PM (Pacific Time)
PLACE:  Jupiter Brewing, 2181 Shattuck, Berkeley

Agenda

    "Our agenda is a widely-held secret."

The organized program begins about 1:00.

Some expected people and discussion topics:

- GNU Radio
- TCPA (though Lucky will probably give his DEFCON talk another time)
- John Gilmore's recent work on FAA Airport Thuggery
- Things that happened at Usenix Security and Defcon.

After the meeting, there is usually dinner somewhere nearby.
Jupiter is a brewery, with pizza and sandwiches and their own
beer and other brewers' beer.

As usual, this is an open meeting on US Soil, and everyone's invited,
including some suspiciously foreign Canadians and Brits (expected)
and Florida's Secretary of State (not expected). However, it's possible
there will be Stupid Government Tricks restricting people under 21,
because of the presence of ethanol.

There's a Party at Ian's Place the night before, and the
Usenix Security Symposium is in SF this week.

Location

   Jupiter <http://www.jupiterbeer.com/berkeley/>

   2181 Shattuck, Berkeley

   Jupiter opens at High Noon.
   We will be in the heated outdoor beer garden, weather permitting,
   or conspicuously inside.  And unlike the last time we were here,
   it's unlikely to be freezing outside.

   Directions:

   Map: http://www.jupiterbeer.com/berkeley/directions/

   BART:
   Take BART to Berkeley station; Jupiter is across the street.

   Driving:
   Take 80 to University Avenue.
   Turn right on Shattuck.
   Go about 3 blocks.

   Lat/Long: 37.869765 N  122.268175 W

   If you get lost on the way, you can try calling:
      +1.415.307.7119 (Bill)