Other uses of TCPA

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Aug 5 16:37:16 PDT 2002

    --
On 4 Aug 2002 at 22:30, AARG! Anonymous wrote:
> I've been thinking about writing a few pages summarizing TCPA
> and how the crypto works, but then I think, why bother?
> Everyone is already convinced that the system is the spawn of
> Satan.  Nobody cares about the facts.

This prejudice is caused by:

1.  IP is already overprotected by the state, so any additional
protection will meet with hostility.

2.  Trusted computing is being brought to us by people we do not
trust, accompanied by documents that fail to inspire trust.

3.  Trusted computing is an idea that popped up at the same time
as a variety of proposals to force the world back to the TV
paradigm, a few big companies producing information, and everyone
else passively absorbing it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     bZX0QD4FFlxWxDNGkEsk8orCkxCQCJl4bNYQwpJ4
     2MZwjrZWm+U4NSaitrbjL/VtmAn95YEf4aYO7O8C+