Other uses of TCPA

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Aug 3 10:04:17 PDT 2002

At 9:10 AM -0700 on 8/3/02, James A. Donald wrote:

> I can only see one application for voluntary TCPA, and that is the
> application it was designed to perform:  Make it possible run
> software or content which is encrypted so that it will only run on
> one computer for one time period.

Otherwise known as "book-entry to the eyeball", and the de-facto wet dream
of WAVEoids since time-immemorial, or at least 1989 or so.

It's a shame that these people haven't heard of Goedel or Heisenberg. Or
Coase, for that matter.

:-).

Cheers,
RAH

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA