Challenge to David Wagner on TCPA

AARG! Anonymous remailer at aarg.net
Fri Aug 2 15:30:03 PDT 2002

Peter Trei writes:

> It's rare enough that when a new anononym appears, we know
> that the poster made a considered decision to be anonymous.
>
> The current poster seems to have parachuted in from nowhere,
> to argue a specific position on a single topic. It's therefore
> reasonable  to infer that the nature of that position and topic has
> some bearing on the decision to be anonymous.

Yes, my name is "AARG!".  That was the first thing my mother said after
I was born, and the name stuck.

Not really.  For Peter's information, the name associated with a
message through an anonymous remailer is simply the name of the
last remailer in the chain, whatever that remailer operator chose
to call it.  AARG is a relatively new remailer, but if you look at
http://anon.efga.org/Remailers/TypeIIList you will see that it is very
reliable and fast.  I have been using it as an exit remailer lately
because other ones that I have used often produce inconsistent results.
It has not been unusual to have to send a message two or three times
before it appears.  So far that has not been a problem with this one.

So don't read too much into the fact that a bunch of anonymous postings
have suddenly started appearing from one particular remailer.  For your
information, I have sent over 400 anonymous messages in the past year
to cypherpunks, coderpunks, sci.crypt and the cryptography list (35
of them on TCPA related topics).