ZKS Pulls IPO

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Aug 2 06:56:27 PDT 2002

http://www.forbes.com/newswire/2002/08/02/rtr684925.html

Internet security firm pulls planned IPO
Reuters, 08.02.02, 8:52 AM ET

MONTREAL, August 2 (Reuters) - Zero-Knowledge Systems Inc. pulled the plug
on Friday on a planned initial public offering, saying it will instead use
a recently completed private financing to fund growth for its Internet
security software business.

Privately held Zero-Knowledge, a high-flyer during the technology boom that
attracted heavy media and industry attention, did not disclose the value of
the financing.

"With the downturn in public market conditions since we began the process
of a public offering 10 weeks ago, our investors, management and board of
directors no longer felt that raising money in the public markets was the
best option," said Chief Executive Tamas Hevizi in a statement.

The Montreal-based company said it has signed several important sales in
the past six months, including Hewlett-Packard Co. (nyse: HPQ - news -
people), Telus Corp. <T.TO> and France Telecom <FTE.PA>.

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA