Pizza with a credit card

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 05:53:02 PDT 2002

Michael Motyka wrote:

> Quite clearly cash has got to go! I'm not sure how tough this would be
> to sneak past the slumbering electorate. Pretty tough I expect. But the
> usage level is certainly going down while the percentage of electronic
> transactions is skyrocketing. We've even had concresscritters suggesting
> that the transport of $10K !interstate! should be illegal.

You want to spend ten thou on pizza?  Bloody hell, that's  excessive.
Any company selling you that much would lay themselves wide open to
being sued because they got you addicted to fatty pizza and made you
/obese/.  They could be liable for millions! No respectable company
could possibly allow that to happen. There should be a law against it!
Our legislators must act to defend vulnerable corporations against
predatory customers like you who spend too much money!

Ken (who has to choose among the 10 or so local Pizza delivery companies
in his part of London on the basis of which postcode database they use,
because most of them think he lives in the wrong street)