Wireless IP?

Riad S. Wahby rsw at jfet.org
Wed Apr 17 15:39:29 PDT 2002

Igor Chudov <ichudov at Algebra.COM> wrote:
> Any practical suggestions will be appreciated.

I have a Samsung SCH-8500 cell phone that has a built-in modem.  (You
connect it to the serial port on your computer via an overpriced cable
and send it AT commands.)  Using pppd under Linux on both the client
and server end, I dial a modem on my home machine.  The only other
piece of software I use is mgetty on the home machine to actually
answer the phone---it hands it off to pppd quite nicely.

The mgetty+sendfax documentation and the pppd manpage contain all the
information you need to get something similar working for you.

--
Riad Wahby
rsw at jfet.org
MIT VI-2/A 2002