America needs therapy

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sun Sep 30 15:48:39 PDT 2001

Its angering how much lip service though little progress has been made
since 1973 on freeing America from her chemical dependence on petroleum in
general and mid-east oil specifically.  If the U.S. had no direct economic
interests in the mid-east would it be propping up the governments of
Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, or contending with Iran and Iraq, etc?
More likely our response to problems in the area would be similar to our
involvement in West Africa.  This dependance has made us little more than
oil junkies and you know that junkies will do whatever it takes to get
their next fix.  If America wants to break this cycle of state violence and
co-dependency it needs to get energy therapy in a hurry.

steve