[FREE] stratfor (fwd)

James B. DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sun Sep 30 10:43:44 PDT 2001

measl at mfn.org wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:58:01 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Nathanael Dermyer <nate at zero.neohaven.net>
> To: free at zero.neohaven.net
> Subject: [FREE] stratfor
>
> http://www.stratfor.com
>
> This is a website about strategic forcasting.  These people really know
> their shit.
>
> Read these in order ... these are their forcasts for the war we're about
> be thrown into
>
> http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109242145.htm (intro - conceptual framework)
> http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109252150.htm (war plan - afghan theatre)
> http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109262355.htm (war plan - us theatre)
> http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109272330.htm (war plan - intercontinental
> theatre)
> http://www.stratfor.com/home/0109282120.htm (war plan - follow up)
>
> -Nathanael

What is this, Henry Kissinger's vanity website or something? It reads
like one of his Nixon era State Dept. memos on Vietnam or some shit.
Pure felgercarb.

No state worthy of the name, benevolent or oppressive, and in it's right
mind, declares war with individuals, or abstract concepts, despite the
dangerously deluded metaphors. Mr. Bin Laden must be flattered no end if
he thinks that the U.S. reallly considers him personally, or even his
entire organization, that much of a menace. Doubt he's that stupid, though.

That's not necessarily to say that military force is not going to be
used, but even if a single judiciously placed CIA bullet could resolve
the matter, and not just for the moment, it likely wouldn't have Bin
Laden's name on it. Not for maximum effect, anyway. But, loose lips sink
ships, etc. Plus, TV, newspapers, websites, etc.need circulation. Bin
Laden is good copy. Hottest thing since O.J. Almost as hot as wallowing
in the enormity of 5000+ dead, After a century which, as others on the
list have pointed out, saw 100's of millions dead from war, famine,
disease, state terror, etc. Ruwanda, Kosovo, Bosnia, etc, just in the
last 5-6 years or so.

Not to discount the horror, but I got over the "It can't happen here"
syndrome as a kid in November, 1963. Get a fucking grip, America. And
get off your high horse, too. Especially if you want to do anything
about it, even if it's just to preserve more than an illusion of
invulnerability.

Jesus, it's Sunday, isn't it? Off soapbox,

jbdigriz