Alert! Congress to target "TOXIC MOLD!"

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Fri Sep 28 17:04:23 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 07:34:23PM -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> Eric: I forward stuff to cypherpunks that I find relevant and interesting.

Mold is relevant to the usual cpunks topics?

> If you don't like the items, feel free to delete them or whatnot. *shrug*

If I just didn't like it, I would have.

Your posts are usually informative and relevant to cpunks.
I was genuinely interested in why you forwarded this one--
Stupid Government Tricks are much too common to be news, and once you
do a little looking, this one doesn't appear to be any stupider than say
milk price supports.  Possibly less stupid if it allows people with
mold problems caused by defective construction to sue their contractors.

Either you didn't bother to do the research to discover that this is
not the trivial problem it sounds like (never mind the argument that
government should or shouldn't be involved--  there's lots of things
that from a libertarian viewpoint they should not be involved in but are,
and that's not newsworthy), or there's some relevancy to the usual cpunks
topics that escapes me.
The tone of your reply makes me suspect the former, but I hold out hope
for the latter.

Eric

BTW, http://caoc.com/homesafe/groups.htm is a good list of links
to toxic mold sites.