Are Plea Agreements Always Accurate

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Thu Sep 27 18:52:32 PDT 2001

This case proves again that when there is a lot of attention
paid to a disputed matter it is likely the feds will make a
determined attempt to prove they are right rather than back
off and apologize. The USA just couldn't let this one disappear
in the light of media attention and all those adoring e-mails.

And, Declan, I think you are full of turkey for swiping at the
programmers and Brian's supporters just because the USA
put out a mess of 18 USC-baked beans.

Get grip, son, and think hard about the bias of your story. If
it was based primarily on the USA's press release you got
a credibility thingie hanging off your ass. Nothing in the press
release proves squat about Brian's actions. It's all flat
assertions, one sided, unbelievable, like pleas of yore.

It looks to me that now is the time to look into this story to
see what the real story is, not brush it off. The pattern of
official hammering on anything to do with computer diddling
is in need of deep Wired critique, even a thoughtful essay
to counter going with the flow of handouts.