When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Thu Sep 27 03:25:44 PDT 2001

David Honig wrote:

> Cats are considered *public good* and allowed to roam freely, in Calif.

Actually, that is old common-law doctrine: dogs are property - their
owners are legally responsible for their conduct - while cats, like
bees, are considered wild animals in temporary and revocable human care.

> Cats also reduce the incidence of allergies (by altering
> immunoglobin levels differently from other antigens like mites) among children
> living with them (as reported in _Science_).

I've been gaga about cats since I got my first tomcat at the age of 7,
many years ago, but I never read that. Can you tell me what issue of
Science that article appeared in?

Best,
Marc de Piolenc