Cooked/umodified lists? (was: Re: MIME-encoded PGP / GPG...)

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Sep 27 07:00:47 PDT 2001

> Karsten M. Self[SMTP:kmself at ix.netcom.com] wrote
> on Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:15:54PM -0700, Meyer Wolfsheim
> (wolf at priori.net)
> wrote:
> > > I'm not set up to run same, but I'm interested in finding one that
> > > doesn't demime.
> >
> > http://www.ssz.com/cdr/index.html
> I don't see a 'cooked' filter, unmodified, list.  Am I missing
> something?
> How bad's the spam?

I'm on minder, specifically because I don't like someone else
determining what I read, even with the best of intentions.

Most mornings I come in to see 5-10 spam mixed in with the
real traffic. It's usually very easy to spot, based on subject
line, and gets deleted unread. Every 2-3 months, some
spammer gets in a loop and plasters many, many identical
messages, but that's easy to delete. ('Sort by Subject' is your
friend).

It costs me less than 30 seconds/day to get an uncensored
list,  which I regard as a bargain. YMMV. If I was on a
slow dialup, or paid by the byte, I might think different.

Peter Trei