Defeatist Compromising Commentary From Reason Magazine

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 27 08:49:38 PDT 2001

    --

On 27 Sep 2001, at 2:52, Paul Spirito wrote:
> I'd like to believe this -- it would make the struggle more
> heroic -- but I can't. As they say, all politics is local.
> I don't think most people in the Middle East care whether
> Americans are enjoying freedom & democracy

Islam says that Islam should have dominion.  Muslims should
be better off, more civilized, richer, more powerful, more
culturally influential, than unbelievers.  They are not.
This is a crime against islam that must be remedied.

This is not a defect that is unique to Islam.  If some alien
people are rich and free, and one is poor and unfree, one can
believe it is one's own fault or their fault.  Naturally one
is inclined to believe it is their fault.  However Islam
gives divine sanction to this belief, and in some variants of
Islam, divine command to do something about it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     bXAsof4Q6uE+9Kd6vmnOTkUO/XGGEhOB1LIAbIM
     49O94VpG8qzrlA6jKfMPNbyCzH4tLIvMVAik/EzXo