Smallpox?

Dr. Evil drevil at sidereal.kz
Thu Sep 27 00:09:38 PDT 2001

Fragile readers, stop here!  Only those tough enough to cope with grim
biological realities need read on...

> Better hurry! The criminals in Washington are about to make mere
> _possession_ of biologicals like this illegal. Heretofore, it was
> illegal to possess biologicals intended for weapons use, but soon it
> will be a felony to merely possess broad classes of biologicals.

That's looney!  That's about as stupid as banning nail clippers in
carry-ons.  Oh wait...

This reminds me of a US elementary school that, in its effort to show
how zero-tolerance it is, banned "injesting any chemical substance".
I would love to have gotten a video tape of the principal drinking a
glass of water, and then get him expelled from school...  I mean,
really, what is a "biological"?  Every day I excrete several pounds of
wonderful biological stuff, including many harmful disease-causing
bacteria.  If I accidentally crap on a dish full of nutrients, have I
created a "biological"?  Do I need a permit to operate a compost heap
or a "bio-toilet"?

> --Tim May, hurriedly dumping his biologicals in the nearby streams to
> get rid of them

I'm about to dump some biologicals into our sewer system.  Oh wait,
this list is monitored by the Feds, I should clarify that statement: I
am about to excrete some human waste into the toilet, which I will
then flush.