When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 26 18:33:50 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, September 26, 2001, at 04:18 PM, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> Nice try.  The law actually refers to temporary housing or some such.
> Thus,
> when you drive down the road in your RV, it's a motor vehicle.  When you
> park for the night, it's your home.
>

>  S a n d y

Sandy is of course right. I almost added a parenthetical remark to my
"tent" point about how RVs, for example, are only "homes" for the
purposes of this law when _parked_ (and maybe when parked for the
purposes of sleeping, blah blah). So, no guns not locked up while
rolling down the road, or parked at McDonald's for a burger. (Obviously,
there is vanishingly small chance of being "caught" if the gun is not
brandished. Applies to cars as well.)

In this case, the common sense interpretation is what the law actually
supports, strangely enough.

--Tim May