Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 26 09:29:37 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, September 26, 2001, at 08:02 AM, dmolnar wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Trei, Peter wrote:
>
>> I don't know if David is posting from Cambridge/Boston, but on the 15th
>> I drove through the Callahan tunnel (major road tunnel under the
>> harbor,
>> and main route to Boston airport). No stops, no noticable extra
>> security.
>
> Oh! I'm sorry for not making that clear. I am posting from NYC. Despite
> the Harvard e-mail address, I am in NYC and will be here for the year.

It's always the last war that's being fought.

Never more true than now, where the focus is on fingernail clippers and
on New York City.

(BTW, I am watching on CNN the implementation of a "car pools only" rule
for cars and trucks entering NYC. Vehicles with just a single driver
will be not be allowed to cross the bridges or enter the tunnels. Gee,
this means the attackers will have to find an accomplice to ride along
with them...now where would they possibly find _that_?)

The attackers pulled off the 911 attack with skill and boldness. (No, I
am not endorsing what they did. But I find the claims that they were
"stupid" to be dangerous and, well, stupid.)

The likelihood is that the the couple of hundred (or more, estimated by
"Newsweek" from sources) sleepers will do something completely
different, something planned months ago and ready to be carried out. I
could easily speculate what Rounds Two and Three might look like, and
have on other lists.

New York will probably not be the target this upcoming time.

--Tim May