ACTION: SUCCESS! Anti-Terrorism Act of 2001

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Sep 25 22:05:52 PDT 2001

At 08:47 PM 9/25/01 -0700, Alan wrote:
>Until they wait until people look the other way and then sneak it past.
>(Like every other privacy-rapeing bill over the last ten years.)

They won't wait that long. Folks in Congress mostly seem to be making the
right noises so they won't be accused of being anti-civil liberties. But
there's a big difference, as I say in Wednesday's Wired article on the
topic, between raising criticisms in committee and voting against it whilst
live on CNN.

-Declan