When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 25 22:17:40 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, September 25, 2001, at 07:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:

> When the conversation no longer interested me, I told them I wished to
> leave, and that they should arrest me if they weren't going to permit
> that. I was allowed to leave.
>
> I would not repeat this, however. If a similar situation occurs, I will
> most likely use Tim's method. I find being served with subpoenas to be
> distasteful.

Again, I have never had to face this decision of what I would actually
do. Would I refuse to answer the door, would I blow them away with my
12-gauge, would I tell them that they were trespassing and that they
have 20 seconds to be off of my property, or would I roll over on others
as Choate did?

I don't know what I would do. I like to think I would simply not answer
the door at all once I saw that two agents were standing on my doorstep.

I have nothing to say to the FBI or anyone else in law enforcement, on
any matter related to topics on this list. If I am not under arrest,
shove off. If I _am_ under arrest, then "anything you say can and will
be used against you in a court of law."

There is no reason for anyone on this list to _ever_ talk to the Feds.

--Tim May