When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Sep 25 20:44:15 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 21:22, Sandy Sandfort wrote:
> Aimee Farr wrote:
> > It is discouraging to see the disdain in
> > which many of you hold the FBI during a
> > time when we need cooperation and insight
> > from nontraditional sources.
>
> I think the disdain with which many of hold the Federal Baby Incinerators
> is (a) based on sad experience and (b) no greater now than usual.  In fact,
> I think that now is EXACTLY the right time to call these
> accountants-with-guns into question.  How many FBI failures, fuck-ups and
> Wacos does it take to demonstrate that this unconstitutional police force
> ain't gonna stop the next 911 any more than they stopped the last one?

I just wonder how many security professionals will be willing to work with
them now that they are planning on making "hacking" a crime with a life
sentence and no statute of limitations?  (Especially since they have a habit
of finding some reason to jail them when they are not longer useful.)

"Terrorist" seems to have been redefined to mean "anyone who can
inconvenience the Government, no matter how slight".