When the FBI Guys Come Knocking...

Anonymous nobody at noisebox.remailer.org
Tue Sep 25 19:41:59 PDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> When I was visited (by a clichi salt-and-pepper team, no less), I
> actually invited them in.  The reason?  I wanted to find out why they
> were there.

Likewise, I received a phone call from the FBI asking to speak with me.
They had tried to locate my physical place of residence, but were unable
to do so. I went to the local FBI field office to talk to them, because I
was curious about what they had to say.

When the conversation no longer interested me, I told them I wished to
leave, and that they should arrest me if they weren't going to permit
that. I was allowed to leave.

I would not repeat this, however. If a similar situation occurs, I will
most likely use Tim's method. I find being served with subpoenas to be
distasteful.